PRODUCT OWNER – 2 NEW ROLES
Who are we?
Smart Apprentices are one of the top 50 fastest growing technology companies in the UK. Led by the award-winning technology entrepreneur Fiona Hudson-Kelly the company are disrupting apprenticeship delivery models with their suite of innovative technologies platforms. Growing exponentially over the last decade from 2 people working out of their kitchen to a national employer of more than 60 talented staff we are keen acquire exceptional Product Owner talent to support our continued rapid growth aspirations
Based in Warwickshire we are adding our team – again! We have an established diverse software team made up of Developers, Testers (Manual and Automation), UX/UI, Mobile Developers and Business Analysts, Product Owners and Scrum Masters. The company have gone from having just one core product to now having five with another two new product launches planned for next year and have just won a knowledge transfer project for implementing AI into their platforms with Aston University.
We offer an attractive package including competitive remuneration plus a 10% yearly bonus, pension, 20 days holiday increasing to 25 with service, plus bank holidays, a community day, 4 company wide development days, support for continued learning (workshops, conferences, Pluralsight etc) as well as flexible working hours and mobile working which is perfect if people need to do the school run!
What are we looking for?
Are you an experienced Product Owner looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
If you are a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking a strong software Product Owner to work with our dream team environment in order to deliver best software solutions to our innovative and industry-leading products.
We are looking for two product owners, one to join a new product team to develop an exciting new onboarding technology platform combining CRM features with learner enrolment compliance and funding validation. The other opportunity is to re-shape one of our recently developed technology platforms which has become over complicated and unfriendly for users who don’t have a strong technical bias.
Product Owner duties and responsibilities
• Providing vision and direction to the Scrum development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
• Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
• Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
• Define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities
• Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
• Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
• Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
• Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
• Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
• Research and analyse market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
• Follow our competitors and the industry
• Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
Product Owner requirements and qualifications
• Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 3 year(s)
• In-depth knowledge of Scrum process and principles
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Creative thinker with a vision
• Attention to details
Whilst not essential experience of working in the further education/ apprenticeship sector would be desirable, preferably within end point assessments or ESFA ILR funding rules and validations. This is your chance to be a part of a great team, building excellent software, collaborating and supporting one another with one of the best CTO’s in the business!
Please send over your CV to apply to Beth.Anderson@smartapprentices.com All applicants must be UK based and ideally live within and two hour commute to Warwickshire.
Why join our talented team?
We pride ourselves on our exceptional track record of retaining our talented staff because of our transparent and collaborative culture. Every single person within our business knows where we are going as a company and how they fit into our success. Every single person is highly motivated to contribute to our success and is recognised and rewarded for their efforts, both financially and through our transparent feedback culture.
Most of our talent work remotely from home, although there is an office in Warwickshire where any of our staff can work from, many prefer the flexibility of balancing home and work for proportionately without the daily commute. For us as a business it has enabled us to cast a wider net for talent.
We have a high performance culture of mutual trust and respect, we are transparent about our financial performance, where we are heading as a business in both the short and medium term, as an Investor in People we are passionate about developing our talent and work collaboratively as one large team rather than 50 individuals. We encourage our staff to be entrepreneurial in the way they work and solve problems and have the courage to challenge our leadership if they think we’ve got it wrong or there is a better solution.